Do you often get stuck when having to scope marketing deliverables, analyse agency fee requests and structure complex advertising agency contracts?
Do you need access to a comprehensive database of all advertising agencies in SA? Do you often get stuck when having to scope marketing deliverable’s, analyse agency fee requests and structure complex advertising agency contracts? Does your procurement process take into account the complexities of the marketing and communication industry as well as the rules and regulations that govern pitches in SA?
The advertising pitch process can be expensive, time consuming, disruptive, and can drain company resources if not well managed. Running a successful advertising pitch requires a high level of due diligence and governance to ensure the outcome is positive for all participants, and to avoid any potential reputation damage.
As advertising pitch consultants, Yardstick has developed MatchMaker™, our proprietary pitch facilitation process. MatchMaker™ has been very well received by the marketing and communication industry, as it enhances the transparency and credibility of the creative pitch process, one that is often perceived to be subjective and ineffective.
What are the benefits?
By entrusting the facilitation of your pitch to Yardstick, you will receive the following benefits:
- A truly transparent, professional, credible, and auditable process that not only enhances good corporate governance (guaranteeing commercial peace of mind), but also leaves less chance of any undue influencing of the final selection.
- The ability to remain focused on your core business, as Yardstick takes on many of the time-consuming administrative tasks usually associated with pitching the advertising, PR, digital, or media account.
- Access to skilled and experienced marketing resources, as well as the latest industry trends and best practices.
- Access to tried and tested advertising pitch RFI tables, templates and scorecards ensuring adequate and relevant information is obtained. These prove vital for advertising and marketing RFIs and RFPs.
- Development of succinct pitch briefs, that test for the correct skills and competencies required by your business.
- A full analysis of commercial, legal, and resource requirements.
Yardstick has unequaled experience in facilitating large and complex agency tenders and pitch processes. We facilitate more than 30 agency appointment processes, screen more than 450 agency credentials and facilitate at least 120 pitch presentations per year. The overall term value of the contracts entered into is close to R 5-billion.
Yardstick has successfully facilitated pitches for clients based in South Africa, as well as other countries in Africa, and in Europe. We have assisted clients in appointing global networks, integrated holding agencies and specialist agencies. Case studies include:
Our management of pitches has resulted in Yardstick being voted the Most Admired Pitch Consultancy in SA in 2014 and 2015 (Marklives.com)